Established in December 1971, KV No. 1 is situated in Sector 30 in Capital city of Gandhinagar, in sprawling area of 15 acres. It firmly believes in the ethos of The world is one family as it fulfills the educational needs of wide cross section of students especially the wards of defence personnel, paramilitary forces and transferable center govt employees. Competently maneuvered by the Principal, with an active support group of VMC, PTA and highly committed staff of 59 members, the school is marching towards excellence. The present strength of students is 1393.